NOTE:

Dear visitor (if there is any) please note the following: The blog "Broken Radius" is hosted at Google Blogger's server. I can therefore not guarantee that your visit to the blog or any comment you write wont be recorded by the NSA. If you have any worries about this, you can visit instead my alternative blog Letters-to-a-Persian-Cat. This one is hosted at a European server which hopefully acknowledges visitors privacy.

31.5.10

from Berlin with Love

Hi Ghazal,
This short letter comes to you from my visit to Berlin. It"s a bit rainy here, but the city doesn"t loose its charme even if it"s grey. I hope you will find time during the few month of your project to visit Berlin and its cultural wealth.
I hope you have a good time in Schweden and will be back on Wednesday without too much homesickness.

Greetings your Michael

PS: I attach images of two of the world-most-famous archaeologic objects that attract millions of visitors every year to the Berlin museums. My favorite is the Ishtar-gate from Babylon. I saw visitors from Iraq here in the Pergamon-Museum, who bursted into tears when they saw it:
[caption id="attachment_98" align="alignnone" width="350" caption="Ishtar gate from Babylon"]Ishtar gate from Babylon[/caption]

The second is the bust of Nefertiti, the un-unoffical miss-universe since 3000 years.
[caption id="attachment_99" align="alignnone" width="350" caption="Iconic bust of Nefertiti"]Iconic bust of Nefertiti[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment