NOTE:

Dear visitor (if there is any) please note the following: The blog "Broken Radius" is hosted at Google Blogger's server. I can therefore not guarantee that your visit to the blog or any comment you write wont be recorded by the NSA. If you have any worries about this, you can visit instead my alternative blog Letters-to-a-Persian-Cat. This one is hosted at a European server which hopefully acknowledges visitors privacy.

15.7.10

Rapid Eye Movement

Ghazal, my Dear, how are you ?
I came back from Pathology only at 5 p.m., too late to say bye to you. Therefore the only thing for me to do was to have a last look at the transfected cells (which were nicely red) and said "see you tomorrow, my faithful friends". Of course it is much easier to say "good night" to the cells (or to the mice), because I can close the door to the incubator (or the door to the mouse-house) and with 99.9999% probability, they will be still at the same place next morning.
When I say "Bye" to you in the evening, it is different. I don"t think that you will suddenly leave Munich for Stockholm with the last flight at night,
but I always afraid that the few month with you here in Munich will suddenly appear to be an illusion, an phantasy that happend only in my mind because it was fooled by this summer-wind and the smell of the lime-trees and music.

I can only speak for myself, but I can not remember to had such a nice day as yesterday when we explored the Olympia-Area. You can call me simple-minded, because I count these few hours in an ordinary park landscape so high. But you know, Ghazal, it is not that I haven"t been to more thrilling places. I"ve seen New York and San Francisco and New Orleans and Chicago, I"ve been to Tokio and Paris and Rom and whereever one has to go. I went Skiing in the Rocky Mountains and in the Swiss Alps and had an apartment in London. I have seen the Rolling Stones and the Who and Pink Floyd and Sherley Bessey. I can say, it all was a sort of interesting and exciting perhaps. But for non of these things I could say the same as for the hours I have been together with you here in this small-town of Munich:
That my life would be so much poorer without it.

I hope that you feel the same, I"ve got the impression that you do. I think it is alright, if we both profit from it.

Sleep well, my dear

Michael

PS:: It is a great idea to do the Pecha-Kucha talk about different sleep phases. I"ll try to make a vidoe shot of our dog while she is in REM-phase.

...............................................................................................

hi michael,

im fine. hope that u are fine as well.
yes these 2 and half more months will pass by quickly, time passes by quickly in general.

i read a bit about sleep. its interesting. if i can do it its good, or otherwise i do midsummer in sweden.

have a good night.

/ghazal

................................................................................................
Ghazal my dear,

Do you also have the intense thunder and lightning up there in Unter-Schleissheim ? Do you like it ? I begin to enjoy this unbound release of power.
Unfortunatly, our dog fears thunderstorm a lot, and therefore she probably wont pose today as a REM-phase model. But I"m absolutely positive, I will catch her asleep untill Monday.

Are you alright ? Please send me short note.

Michael
................................................................................................

hi,

yes we had some thunder and rain, but its over now i think.
poor dog that is afraid.

im alright and will sleep now, good night :)
................................................................................................

Hi Ghazal,

I red your message only now, after 1 a.m. You are perhaps already in your first REM-phase. It must look amazing, since your long eyelashes for sure will emphasize the flickering eye-movement dramaticallyl. You should also place a video-camera on your bed, so you would probably got the most tremendous demonstration of human REM.
By the way, I told our dog that you feel sorry for her fearing the thunderstorm. She got much quieter right away. And since she felt very grateful to you, she agreed to show some dog"s REM. What is funny, a dog not just moves the eye rapidly, but also the whiskers and the ears. I recorded everything, so you might include it into your talk.

For the rest of the night, I wish you a nice ballance between REM and non-REM phases.

Take Care to wake up in the morning during a non-REM phase. It is much much better.

Yours Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment